COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG)
(2/15/19) The CDBG Allocation Committee has finalized their 2019-20 funding recommendations and are now available. The Committee's recommendation letter will be posted March 1st. The letter will provide an overview about their recommendations and review process this year.
Applicants have until February 25th to submit any written appeals based on factual error that was made and that, if corrected, would result in a grant award or a higher award. Appeals shall be filed in the: Office of the City Manager, Portland City Hall, 389 Congress Street, Portland, ME.
Please see the following link to view the scores and recommendation letter:
1) Program Year 2019-20 CDBG Allocation Committee Funding Recommendation Scores
2) Program Year 2019-20 CDBG Allocation Committee Funding Recommendation Letter to City Manager
(3/8/19) The City Manager has finalized his 2019-20 funding recommendations and are now available. The Council will review the recommendations and take public comment at two meetings
March 18, Council Chambers at 5:30
April 22, Council Chambers at 5:30
Please see the following link to view the recommendations
City Manager's 2019-2020 CDBG Allocation Recommendations
About Community Development Block Grants
The City of Portland, Maine is an Entitlement Community for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from the federal Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD).
The goal of the CDBG program is to develop strong communities by ensuring decent affordable housing, providing services to the most vulnerable, and expanding economic opportunities for low and moderate income persons.
The program achieves this goal through the development of partnerships between government, businesses, and non-profit organizations.
Goals and Priorities
The City will prioritizes the following categories of projects/programs in its funding decisions:
- Neighborhood Investment and Infrastructure: Create strong, safe, accessible and vibrant neighborhoods
- Housing Availability: Increase housing availability and affordability
- Economic Opportunity: Create economic opportunities to transition people out of poverty
- Address the Needs of the Growing Homeless Population: Prevent and reduce homelessness
CDBG 2018-2019 Allocations
View All Final Allocations