ATTENTION!! DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
The Aquatics schedule, including COVID-19 protocols are posted below but will be subject to change as needed to reflect changes in the Executive Orders issued by Governor Mills as well as changes in guidance from the Maine CDC and the Portland City Council.
- Riverton is open, please see schedule.
- Reiche pool will remain closed to the public for Fall 2020.
Please check back for updates.
Covid -19 Aquatics Information
Pool Information Fall 2020
All patrons must sign our Aquatics COVID-19 Waiver prior to using our Aquatic Facilities.
Arrival screening: All participants will be screened upon arrival by aquatics staff which may include temperature checks, review of symptoms and expectations while they are using the facility.
Equipment: Lap swimmers, PPSC and Masters will need to bring their own kick boards, pull buoys and flippers. Instructional equipment such as pool noodles, bubble belts and aqua jogging belts will be limited and sanitized between patrons.
- COVID-19 WAIVER
- Fall Pool Schedule- October 19th -December 19th, 2020
- Fall Swim Lesson Schedule
- How to reserve a lane online
Adult Lap Swim
We are taking reservations through our Community Pass registration software for adult lap swim times (ages 18 and over). To make a reservation for adult lap swim, create an account on the Community Pass Home Page and then click "Browse Activities." We will leave each of the time slots with half capacity left for walk-in. The lifeguards will blow their whistle at the end of each time slot and ask patrons to clear the pool.
Per State CDC guidelines for group exercise, it will be the only program in the pool at the time with a limit of 12 participants spaced 14 ft apart with instructor on deck. Drop-ins accepted, reservations preferred (will be up like lap swim)
Lap Swim & Aerobics
There will be a 15 minute check-in period at the beginning of each swim where reserved swimmers will be given priority. No swimmers (reserved or drop-in) will be allowed to enter after this check-in period.
In light of the delayed start of high school swimming, we will be offering a teen lap swim program at Riverton Pool on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons from 11/16-12/11. The two time slots will be: 2:30-3:30 and 3:45-4:45pm. 12 swimmers total will be allowed per time slot (2 per lane starting at opposite ends of the pool.) 6 of those spots will be available via reservations and the other 6 will be drop-in. Cost is $3.50 for Portland residents and $4.00 for non-residents. Priority will be given to residents of Portland. Masks are required to be worn at all times when not in the pool. Pool entry and exit is at the back door by the basketball court. No coaches will be allowed on deck. Swimmers will be supervised by Aquatic Staff. ***Please arrive 15 minutes early, no acceptance after the start of the swim****
Teens will also be allowed to participate in the 2nd time slot (12:45-1:30 pm) of the mid-day Adult Lap Swim but will need to pay the Senior rate.
Will be set up in a private lesson format to allow for only 4 people in the pool at any one time, 4 on the deck and one lifeguard to help maintain proper physical distancing (6ft.) within the deck and pool area.
- We are looking to offer a Community Lesson program for times that may include Saturday mornings (9-11:30a.m) as well as Thursday afternoons (4-6:30p.m.) For both Parent & Child (parent or adult from the household in the water with the child; 30 minutes) and Level 4 and up (independent swimmers; 45 minutes) lessons will be offered in a small group format with the instructor on deck offering directions and feedback
- During the above times listed, Preschool Swims, as well as Levels 1,2,3 will be set up using the private lesson format (30 minutes).
- Start/end times of lessons will be staggered in 15 minute increments to allow for social distancing and sanitizing.
- We will offer three “mini” sessions of about 4 weeks each between Sept. 28th and Dec. 19th. Fall Swim Lesson Schedule
- Due to gathering limits, we will be adjusting our observation policy to: 1 parent only will be allowed to watch the first and last lesson of each session. Parents must remain on bleachers seated on one of the designated red "x's" while maintaining proper social distancing and wearing masks.
- A “Deck Coordinator” will help manage the flow of people on the deck, in and out of the facility, perform arrival screening i.e, temperature checks, review of symptoms and help direct participants on the expectations while they are using the facility and troubleshoot any problem areas.
Aquatic Program Registration:
- Register ONLINE
- Register IN PERSON: complete a registration form (youth aquatic form); (adult aquatic form) include your payment, and drop into the secure lock box across from the Riverton Pool office door at 1600 Forest Ave.
- Register BY MAIL: send form and payment to:
212 Canco Road, Suite A
Portland, ME 04103
- Register BY FAX: 207-878-2731